- City Government
- Departments A-G
- Assessor's Office
- Personal Property
Personal property, also known as business personal property is generally those items not permanently affixed to real estate. It includes any following that are used in a business or for a commercial purpose, other than real estate:
- Inventory or supplies
- Most licensed vehicles
- To whom is the tax assessed?
- Who is required to file a personal property report known as the form of list?
- When should I file the form of list?
- Where can I get the form of list?
- What do the assessors do with the form of list?
- What happens if I don't file a form of list?
- Is the form of list a public document?
- What is meant by type of ownership?
- How does the type of ownership affect the form of list?
- What method is used to value the personal property?
- Is machinery taxable?
- What is considered machinery for personal property purposes?
Summary of Taxable Personal Property by Type of Ownership
|Type of Personal Property
||Individuals, Partnerships, Trusts, Associations
|Inventory, stock in trade
|Furniture and fixtures
|Tools and equipment
|Poles, underground conduits, wires and pipes
|Unregistered motor vehicles and trailers