The Transportation Department at RiverMills Center is offering rides to supermarkets, pharmacies, and limited rides to doctors for people receiving treatments, such as radiation or chemo. Please reach out to our Transportation Department for service at 413-536-5733. Please leave a message and someone will get back to you.
The Chicopee Council on Aging receives Federal Older Americans Act Funding from local Area Agency on Aging, West Mass Elder Care, the State Executive Office of Elder Affairs, and the Federal Administration for Community Living.
The RiverMills Center Transportation Department follows the CDC and State Standards for drivers, passengers and vehicle safety. The following outlines those guidelines.
1. Non-contagious medical appointments and grocery shopping only.
2. Only 1 passenger (with 1 companion) is allowed in the vehicle at a time.
3. Passenger MUST wear a mask and use hand sanitizer BEFORE entering the vehicle.
4. Driver will take passenger’s temperature with a non-contact thermometer.
5. Passengers with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to ride in the vehicle.
6. All vehicles are cleaned and disinfected before and after each passenger.
The Transportation Department continues to offer van trips to grocery and other stores on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Appointments can be made to go to: Big Y, Stop & Shop, Price Rite, Job Lot, Walmart or ask us about another store you may want a ride to.
Passengers are limited to carrying a total of four bags each on these shopping trips. A $2 roundtrip donation will be accepted. This service is through a grant from WestMass Elder Care. Daily rides to banks, pharmacies, hairdressers, doctors, dentists and RiverMills Center are also offered for a fee.
As always, you must book a trip at least a week inadvance by calling 536-5733. Please understand there is a 15– minute window for pick up and drop off times.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer driver should call the Transportation office for details.